Published July 8, 2016
On your Moving Day
- Ask a friend to watch your pets and small children during moving day, since it can be a traumatic experience for them.
- Compare your inventory list with the movers' list to ensure nothing's been left behind.
- Once the house is empty, do some final cleaning and sweeping. Do a walkthrough to ensure all boxes have been loaded up, windows are locked and lights are off.
- Turn down the thermostat and turn off the water heater.
- Load the box of essential items last so you can have quick access to it when you arrive at your destination.