When you're moving, we understand that there are a lot of little details to consider before packing up. Wondering how to move the family pet comfortably? Curious on how to stretch out your moving budget? Not sure how to properly pack your fine china?
Luckily, our professional moving team came up with some answers to these commonly-asked questions. Consult these tips to ensure your move will go smoothly:
Making the Move
- Make reservations at least two to four weeks before moving day.
- Clean out closets, the attic and the basement as soon as the decision is made.
- Schedule disconnect times for your services such as cable, newspapers and utilities at your current residence before you leave.
- Don't forget to mail your change of address forms one week before your moving date.
- Start packing items you do not need, such as out-of-season items. Move onto the infrequently-used things and leave the necessities out until moving day.
- Avoid using used boxes, as you can't tell if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- The heavier the item, the smaller the box needs to be.
- Use packing tape instead of duct tape.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms of the house in the same box.
- Wrap fine china and precious items with packing paper, as newspaper ink can bleed.
- Opt for wardrobe boxes to pack clothes from the closets. Suitcases will work fine for clothing inside of drawers.